We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to lead the design and implementation of our Cloud based offerings targeting the small and medium sized customer base. You will be collaborating across organizations working with architects, product managers, systems engineers, user interaction engineers, systems test, and other software developers to develop products that meet our customer needs. It is understood that you are capable of designing and developing component-based software. You will be expected to lead the design and implementation of these components and solutions. You are hands-on and you have had significant experience developing and deploying software. In fact, you can tell us in detail how you did it and what challenges you had to overcome. If this type of position motivates you, tell us why you are right for this challenging role!
- Designing a Cloud based scalable, extensible, reliable, and maintainable platform that enables rapid deployment of new solutions for our small and mid size customer base.
- Working with a cross-functional team to design and develop innovative solutions that meet our customer’s needs at both the functional and non-functional levels.
- Interacting with subject matter and domain experts.
- Interacting with customers – internal and external
- Evaluating and incorporate new technologies into new and existing frameworks and platforms.
- Following an Agile development process.
- Developing software that you are “proud to ship”
- Building components that can be used across product development organizations
- Designing software that is both industrial grade and maintainable
- 10 years of experience designing and developing large scale mission critical high availability systems
- BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 10 years of object oriented software development experience
- Experience in SaaS development and deployment is a strong plus
- .net and C# technology
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to innovate to meet our customers needs
- Experience interfacing third party components a strong plus
- Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries
- Proven experience working with Agile development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new and relevant technologies
- Solid understanding of a server based technology stack
- Solid understanding of enterprise IT infrastructure
- Proven experience with software component development and deployment
- Understanding of software quality assurance and testing
- Familiarity with using open source technologies for building robust solutions
- Experience with database technologies such as Oracle and SQL Server
- Experience with Internet based software delivery and deployment
- Knowledge of network protocols and standards
- Knowledge of software security
Where: Danbury, CT, United States
Company: Global Technology Company
Experience: Mid Level
Position Type: Software Developer