Our team is looking for an individual quality assurance engineer who will work in multiple scrum teams on multiple applications (including mostly backend and middle tier applications) to design tests for regression coverage and functional changes utilizing many tools and testing platforms. The person will be working independently with minimal supervision with a main goal of driving quality of the applications and building/maintaining the required test beds.
• Independent QE who will build tests for covering functional aspects of the applications.
• Ensure to build test repositories (test bed) with enough test cases for functional and regression coverage.
• Convert/relate all manual test cases with existing automated testing framework.
• Assist scrum teams in identifying the automation candidates from the test case repositories.
• Follow scrum agile practices for day to day activities not limiting to writing tests.
• 4+ years of manual testing for backend applications and middle tier applications like APIs and web services.
• Advanced understanding of automation frameworks and tools.
• Experienced in working agile environments.
• Advanced SQL experience (understand Stored Procedures, functions and complex queries).
• Fluent communications with technical knowledge of software development practices.
• Solid understanding of CI/CD principles and know-hows.
• Experienced in using management systems like JIRA, Rally or similar.
• Highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
Educational Qualifications –
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Science or comparable experiences.
Where: New York, NY,
Position Type: Contract