Sr Data Scientist
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Data Scientist working in the Analytics Center of Excellence. The Sr. Data Scientist will be responsible for supporting and expanding the use of our new Analytics Hybrid Architecture.
- Working with the Analytics CoE's Operations Data Team to integrate data sources including big data, traditional in-house databases, 3rd-party data, and public data, into the Analytic’s new hybrid architecture.
- Supporting the Analytic’s automated batch processes running on a combination of Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW) and IBM SPSS Modeler in a Linux environment. Some on-call responsibilities will be required.
- Establishing best practices around the use of CDSW and the Big Data platform, and performing code reviews and assisting with code migrations to that platform.
- Utilize BigData experience to assist with performance tuning of code, and tuning of predictive models as needed.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Advanced degree or equivalent work experience in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science, actuarial, applied mathematics, or engineering
- Expertise in SQL query development
- Big Data expertise in Hadoop, including: Hue, HDFS, Hive, Python, Spark, GitHub, and data visualization
- 2+ years of Experience with Cloudera Data Science Workbench (CDSW)
- Share and Document Best Practices for CDSW including project collaboration, production code migrations, and automation
- Knowledge of, or a desire to learn, IBM SPSS Modeler
- Some on-call support may be required. (Most of which is during normal working hours.)
Where: Windsor, CT,
Industry: Financial Services
Position Type: Contract to Hire