What are the Job Responsibilities?
- Oversees the organization and execution of complex multi-dimensional project work streams for each assigned project, in order to ensure successful implementation and readiness (business & technology).
- Accountable as a leader in the Enterprise PMO for the execution of multiple projects across a project portfolio (schedule; budget; resources). This includes the day-to-day management of specific project components as well as directing the successful execution of other teams’ leadership in execution of their day-to-day project execution efforts.
- Demonstrates high level understanding of Voya products and services and applies that knowledge to project leadership responsibilities. Clearly understands and articulates the business value of the projects assigned to. Demonstrates the ability to work effectively across multiple disciplines within the Retirement Solutions organization (business and technology) as well as the ability to manage geographically disbursed teams. Manages effectively across and up the organization.
- Effectively organizes and facilitates a cross-disciplinary team to address key aspects of project execution and success, including, but not limited to, marketing & communications; training; operational process/procedures; product and services development; legal & compliance; technology enablement. Works with this cross-discipline team to determine necessary tasks associated with all phases of project, establish an overall execution plan to govern key work items and dependencies across the work streams, and ensure appropriate transparency into each work stream’s detailed plans and activities.
- Responsible for overall command & control, including escalation, risks & issues management and key decision-making. Establishes the necessary governance and status reporting model & mechanics, and facilitates that governance.
- Works with appropriate IT and business partners to develop a detailed project forecast, and is accountable to reconcile the overall project’s financial forecast throughout the life of the project and address variances to plan.
- Manages budget of project and supports the development of the CBA. Monitors the business value throughout the project and identifies corrective actions when results deviate from plan.
- Conducts status meetings with key IT and business leads to monitor the progress of each project and its components, and resolves any issues which may impede the progress of the project.
- Presents to senior business management the status and development of new and on-going risks/issue.
- Prepares status reports to keep broader audience up to speed on status of project.
- Works directly with the IT Lead to ensure that all technology deliverables are managed appropriately and with the appropriate level of transparency, and are coordinated with dependent business activities.
- Monitors to ensure most efficient way to prioritize and allocate business resources to expedite project completion.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Experience:
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years project management experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Life Insurance
- Knowledge of project supportive software tools and systems required – including MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of Retirement Services products, administration & servicing, and associated operations is preferred
- Knowledge & working experience with SDLC or equivalent Project Lifecycle processes, as appropriate
Where: West Chester, PA,
Industry: Financial Services
Position Type: Contract